How to Put Breakfast First
Improving school breakfast is a community concern:
- Parents want to do everything they can to help their kids grow up healthy and do well in school.
- Kids know that they feel and learn better when they've eaten a well-balanced breakfast.
- Schools know that hungry kids can't learn.
- Community advocates, including food banks, know that families are struggling to provide their children with sufficient, healthy meals.
- Health care providers know that poor nutrition contributes to lifelong diseases.
- Business leaders and other community members know that helping kids grow up to be productive workers, active citizens and strong family members is in everyone's best interest.
BreakfastFirst: Healthy Food for Hungry Minds encourages everyone to find out how they can help strengthen school breakfast—and strengthen their community. Click the links at the left for suggestions on what you can do in the campaign.